At Berk International our focus is lowering our environmental impact. Every day we strive to improve manufacturing sustainability thereby protecting the environment.
We have implemented multiple recycling and energy efficient programs that are now practiced on a daily basis.
- Installation of low voltage, energy efficient T-5 lighting throughout the manufacturing and warehouse operations.
- Motion sensor lights in less used spaces.
- Variable speed drives to increase efficiency.
- High speed converting and packaging equipment resulting in more production and less working hours – two ten hour shifts instead of three eight house shifts.
- Spray foam roof system producing R-113 insulated value – reducing heat costs.
- Insulation of all window surfaces with energy saving materials – reducing heat costs.
Recycling Program / Land Fill Free
- All production and office waste is recycled or used to produce energy in other manufacturing operations.
- Plastic, cardboard, metal, aluminum, tissue, toweling and all nonwovens are baled and recycled.
- Recycle bins are located throughout the warehouse for employee use.
- Recycled film is used for poly wrapping.
- 100% recycled material is used for all cardboard boxes.
- 100% recycled content is used in most tissue and towel products.
- Paperless office is practiced to the highest extent possible.
- Recycled office paper products are purchased.
- Green cleaners are used wherever possible.
- Lubricants certified by USDA Bio-Preferred Program are used wherever possible.
- All converting waste has been reduced to the absolute minimums and is recycled, not land filled.